Sunday, January 11, 2009

Video: "Take Me Away" by Avril Lavigne

One of my friends showed me this video. The title says it's "Gothic Angel" sung by Avril Lavigne featuring Evanescence, but it's actually the song, "Take Me Away," from the Under My Skin (2004) album. Amy Lee does not sing in this song. Avril Lavigne and Evanescence have never collaborated on a song together, although I believe they could produce a popular rock hit. Nevertheless, I thought the video was very well-made. Enjoy!

[Updated January 2019] I removed the oroginal video so the above text does not apply a anymore. But I provided a link to the song and where you can buy the CD album!



Click on the link below to read the lyrics.

I cannot find a way to describe it
It's there inside all I do is hide
I wish that it would just go away
What would you do you do if you - if you knew
What would you do?

Chorus:
All the pain falling in
All the signs lead back to you
Back to whats never said
Back and forth - inside my hand
I can't handle this confusion
I'm unable - come and take me away

I feel like I - I'm all alone
All by myself I need to get around this
My words I called I don't want them to hurt you
If I show you I don't think you understand
Cause no one understands

[Chorus]

I'm going nowhere on and on
im getting nowhere on and on
im going nowhere on and on
and on and on and on

[Chorus]
I'm getting nowhere on and on
Take me away
I'm going nowhere on and on and up and on
And up and on

[Chorus]

No comments: